Monday, August 27, 2012

It begins again.

The summer has come to an end. A terrible, tragic end. I have a feeling that this next year is going to be a relatively defining one for me. You know, with the whole "graduating from college and finding something to do with my life" thing. It's kind of terrifying.

This summer has been one of the best in the history of summers (which is a pretty long history, in case you were wondering). We created a list back in the first of May of all the things we wanted to do this summer. I must say that I am please to announce that we did EVERYTHING on this list, minus white water rafting, which I was fine with because that slightly frightens me. We took a road trip to California (one of the highlights of my summer), saw all of the awesome movies that came out this summer, ate lots of delicious food, made some incredible friends, went on lots of adventures, took pictures of most everything, and just laughed our heads off because we are that funny. We really had so much fun! I really do have the greatest friends in the universe.
As just an example of the excitement that is our lives: the other weekend, we watched 7.5 hours of Anne of Green Gables in one night. I can't explain to you the love that I have for Gilbert Blythe.

Anyway, so now it's over. On the plus side, everyone has returned to Provo, including pretty much all of my friends who went on missions. Can you believe it's been two years? I can't. I am THRILLED beyond reason to be able to hang out with those wonderful human beings again. They were greatly missed.

Ok, here's the real reason this year scares me: I am a senior. A senior in college. Remember back in the day, a full 4 years ago when I was a senior in high school? That does not feel like it was that long ago, but alas, it was. WHat am I going to do after I graduate? I have many potential plans, but they all require me to be an adult and move on with my life. Change, especially big change like this, scares me so much. Once I get going, I love it, but the anticipation of change scares me to death. Welp, we'll see what happens in this next year. It will be fun, that's a given because I always have fun. It will be difficult. It will be scary. But I'm excited for it. Life is fun... I just have to keep telling myself that.

2 comments :

  1. I am super jealous. I miss summers. This one goes down as one of the crappiest for me. And I too love Gilbert. Great minds think alike. hmmm... I need a book to read. Maybe I'll start the series again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those scary crossroads all too well when I came back from my mission! Just like the old Toys R Us jingle I wanted to sing, "I don't want to grow up..." And change definitely makes you grow but usually it is for the good. It stinks sometimes we can't just freeze time and certain special moments in our lives. Stay close to the Lord and you will know what to do! The next step, the next chapter... :)

    P.S. I LOVE Anne of Green Gables! I've had two of my own personal and wonderful marathons watching the series since I've been married and Curtis just rolls his eyes. Whenever you get the itch to watch it again, come on over. We could be kindred spirits together! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...