Monday, September 17, 2012

Growth.

Alright, here's the deal: I've learned SO MUCH in the last 6-9 months or so. Honestly, I don't think I've ever had such a defining half year in my entire life.
There have been so many events, both big and small, that have changed me and changed my life. Here's just a few of the things I have learned in 2012:

  • No matter how far away they are or how long we go without speaking, my best friends will still always be there for me
  • Missions are awesome
  • It is so hard to have those I'm closest with leave on missions, but I wouldn't have them anywhere else in the world right now
  • I am loved.
  • I am not perfect, and that's okay
  • It's more important to be humble than hilarious (though there is nothing wrong with also being hilarious)
  • I love hearing mission stories
  • How to ask for help and advice
  • Love is not something that I can control. But if I allow it, I have the capacity to love everyone.
  • The importance of studying
  • How to be more open with others
  • Being vulnerable is not a sign of weakness
  • I have to rely on the Lord for my confidence; I can't rely on myself.
  • Fear is not something that belongs in my life.
  • Hiding my thoughts and feelings does not benefit anyone.
  • I am surrounded by the best, most inspirational examples and it is the biggest blessing I could have right now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...