Monday, August 22, 2011

Returning

Yesterday I attended the "I just got home from my mission so I'm going to tell you about it in the context of the topic I've been given" talk in church of two of my friends from high school. These are the first two boys that were in my grade to return home from their missions. And within the next year, most of my friends will be coming home as well. This realization brought about all sorts of thoughts and feelings.

I have been graduated from high school for over two years. Oh wow.
Two years seems long when they first leave.
I can't believe how fast two years actually goes by.
What have I accomplished in the 2 years since I last saw my friends?
How much have I changed?
How much have they changed?
I will be 21 in two months. Oh my heavens.
I'm filled with joy at the thought of seeing old friends again.
I am a Junior in COLLEGE!
I hadn't realized how much I missed these boys until I thought about them coming home.
I love reminiscing about our old adventures.
We used to be crazy and do outrageous things.
Have I become boring since they left?
I can't believe my brother is almost old enough to go on a mission.
Time is a funny thing.
My friends are a funny thing as well.

2 comments :

  1. They have changed - guaranteed - they are not boys any more, nor should they be. It's not boring it's called growing up and it is good to live in the season of your life. It would be pretty sad if aftr two years of dedicating yourself to the Lord's work that you came home and were the same silly kid that you left as. Never fear they will still be A LOT of fun but maybe not silly.(a little philisophical as we just returned from a farewell dinner for 6 missionaries going home and my but they have great spiritual strength - amazing)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...