Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Changes.

Well gorsh. <--- in my head that sounded like Goofy... but typed out it looks ridiculous. Just go with it.
This past week has been one of the most busy and emotionally-roller-coastery weeks of my life. One of my bestest friends got married. Another gave her talk before she leaves on her mission. And I said goodbye for a year and a half to another beautiful friend who's also going on a mission. I have been roommates with all three of these girls and I could not ask for better friends.
To Mandy, Kendra, and Krystal: I LOVE you girls with all my heart. That ain't never gonna change.

This weekend was the first time that I realized that I really am growing up. I thought I was growing up and everything was going to change when I graduated from high school and then again when I first went to college and then again when all of the guys left on missions... but that seems like nothing compared to my current situation. Those changes over the last few years have shaped who I am and it has been quite the journey. But for some reason, these wonderful girls leaving on their missions is a way bigger deal to me than any of the guys leaving. And obviously marriage is a huge life changing experience as well.
I think that what I've come to realize this weekend is that life is never truly going to be the same again. Everything is changing around me, and I need to learn to roll with it. Sure, in the future we're all going to get together for lunch and laugh our heads off just as much as we do now... but it's not going to be the same. We all have our own lives we're leading; we're adults and each of us is doing something slightly different with our lives.

Normally I am a big fan of change, but these recent changes are a lot to take in. I know I'm still in the same place I have been for a couple years and it's not me making the big life changes right now, but I am still overwhelmed by the effect these changes are having on my life.
If I can say I've learned one thing through this crazy weekend, it would be this: The place I'm in in my life right now is super unique. It can change very quickly, so I need to take advantage of it while it's still here. I love where I am, but change is good. Kind of terrifying and makes me want to cry at times, but still very good.
I'm growing up. I am learning to accept that change can not be stopped. I already miss the way things were, but I also know that the future is going to be rockin.

Life really never turns out exactly the way you expect, but it always turns out the way it's supposed to.

Here is a song that is wonderful. And reminds me of my current situation.

7 comments :

  1. I remember thinking life was way harder when my friends that were girls went on missions and got married compared to when the boys did but I was not as insightful and mature as you are to realize what I was experiencing and put it into words. I just said, "this sucks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are loved much by many. Let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect song for this season of your life. Each season is unique - the trick is to live each season to the fullest and so far I think you have got the most out of every minute. Growing up is a life process and you are still in the beginning - Love every minute, feel every minute and continue to reflect on your wonderful experiences. One really good thing is that friends are for ever.
    Love my Jennie . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLURPEEEE!!!! My treat, whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of all the people who have been preparing to here the words your missionary friends have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya Miss Jennie. Changes do suck sometimes. I say cry if you need to. And I think you are right..your future is going to be rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is hard but it usually means more friends to meet, more memories to make, and more great growing experiences. You will always cherish the past but I have a feeling great things are your coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...