Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Quirks

Here's the deal. I'm quirky. We know this. Here is a Lecture on Quirks from my dear roommate.

I just find things that I love and I grasp on to them and obsess over them. And I am so proud of my quirks. I want to share them with everyone and I want everyone to share my passion for random things; if they don't share it then I at least want them to understand how much I love it.

Usually I am not successful in this. I just get looked at like I'm crazy. I can't help it, I just get so excited about life and some of it's more quirky aspects.

Like when I see a really cool new pez dispenser at the grocery store and try to convince my friends that it is legitimately the best thing they have seen all day. I don't usually get the reaction that I'm looking for. How can people not appreciate the amazingness of a Darth Maul pez dispenser?!?! Seriously, so cool.
Or when I try to explain how much I love Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Doctor Who or any one of the other incredible fantasy shows that I adore,

I don't understand how you can live life without passion for at least something. Granted, I realize that my passion may be excessive and it may be spread to many things, but at least I get excited about life. I think I realized exactly how quirky I am during Roommate Christmas this past December. My roommates all got me fabulous gifts that I absolutely adore - and they each are based on at least one of my many passions.
I got a Darth Vader hot chocolate mug, a Lil Wayne poster (this fulfills my love for Weezy PLUS my addiction to owning posters), a Doctor Who t-shirt that says "bow ties are cool", a mustache sandwich cutter, a One Direction 2013 calendar, and a pair of elephant earrings ("they just looked like you! They were such a Jennie thing!"). Now look back at that list... really? I love the weirdest things. Can everyone just appreciate how varied my interests are? Yeah, big fan.

I really do love my quirks and I love finding others with similar quirks.Who would I be if I wasn't a little weird and crazy and opinionated? Life is fun and it's even more fun if you're passionate about something.

And end quirky rantings.

1 comment :

  1. Here I thought you'd have the shirt that says "I heart heart Dr. Who" or an inflatable dalek for parties. YOU MUST TRY HARDER!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...