Wednesday, September 14, 2011

.

I have an affinity for using periods in my writing.

That fabulous little piece of punctuation.

I am typically opposed to using exclamation marks, except on very special occasions, when something is worthy of more excitement than I usually posses towards life. So, moral of that story/tangent: pay close attention when I use exclamation marks.

Back to the real focus of this blog post. I love periods. I daresay the period is my favorite form of punctuation. I will admit that as much as I under-use the exclamation mark, I overuse the period. Though I can't say that this is necessarily a problem. I feel as though short, brief sentences ending in periods get my point across and portray how I speak. My speaking style being succinct, sarcastic, direct, and mildly hilarious. Obviously periods express this perfectly. I'm a fan.

2 comments :

  1. You are as big of a weirdo as John. Typical Barlow I say. He also thinks people use exclamation marks when not necessary. I think they are fantastic! I love them!! I use them in my speech all of the time!!!! But I guess that's why you all look at me like I'm crazy. I talk in exclamation points and Barlow's talk in periods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Angela, Why use a period when an exclamation mark makes a real statement. Kind of like "listen to me I have something to say!" or LISTEN TO ME!!!! even better. But then some people don't have to demand attention I guess, they just get it. Hmmmm. This hole I am digging is getting deeper. No exclamation point needed.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...