Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sister Yoshi.

It's a really strange feeling when your best friend/roommate is old enough to open her mission call. That means she's 21. That means she's a full blown adult. That means that I'm older than I feel. Here's the story:

Kendra at 6:00: "I'm opening my mission call at 6:15!"
Kendra at 6:20: "I'm opening my mission call in half an hour!"
Kendra at 6:50: "They'll be here in 15 minutes, and then I can open my mission call!"
Kendra at 6:55: "5 more minutes! Ahhhhhhhhh!"
7:00 - Walbeck's arrive with the fated mission call.
7:01 - "Sis. Walbeck, you have been called to labor in the TOKYO, JAPAN MISSION!"
7:02 - Mass screaming ensues. Hugs are thrown about. Tears are shed.
7:03 - "Finish it! When do you leave?!"
"You will enter the Provo MTC on December 28!"
Mandy: "You won't miss the wedding! My heart almost stopped!"
The rest of the evening: Mass hysteria and happiness and phone calls and smiles and tears.

Sister Walbeck, You are the best roommate ever, and you will be the most amazing missionary. I love you. Go teach you some Asians and connect with your native country.

2 comments :

  1. This makes me so excited!!!! Congrats, Kendra! : ] and Jennie, I love this play-by-play post. You are a great writer. : ]

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...