Saturday, October 29, 2011

We like to party.

Wednesday was the celebration of my birth. It was pretty normal day: work, class, funny friends, eat, try to nap. But then the night came and life got exciting.
Kendra and I bought tickets to the So You Think You Can Dance live tour back in July. This was my birthday gift to myself. It was a brilliant move on my part. The day had finally come and this is our excitement as we were leaving the apartment that night:

We have a tradition of eating Chinese food while watching SYTYCD, so naturally we ended up eating Vietnamese food while driving to the SYTYCD tour. We were in a hurry, so I had to eat on the road. Don't worry, we didn't die.
**Edit: in response to the many people that were freaked out by this picture, I must offer a word of reassurance. 1- I was only eating at red lights. 2- I put the food away once we got on the freeway. 3- hahahahaha! I promise I'm not a terrifyingly dangerous driver. End edit.

Then we finally arrived. This is our ecstatic faces right as we got to our seats. Note the SYTYCD sign directly behind us. Yeah, we had ballin seats.

Then they danced and I went crazy. It was AMAZING! This is when I splurged (again) and bought myself a sweet t-shirt:

These human beings are so incredibly talented. It just amazes me what they've trained themselves to do and I love the fact that they are sharing their talent with me. The show was amazing! I love my Kui, and I'm so happy that she went with me! This is when we met Mitchell (one of the amazing dancers) and he gave me a hug because I said he was adorable. It was great.

So basically. I lost my voice. I watched some dancing. My mind was blown. I laughed a lot. I danced a lot myself. And my birthday was FABULOUS!
And then that night when I got home, Kaylee and I decided to have our annual all-nighter. Here's a sneak peak picture just to spark your excitement and curiosity:

4 comments :

  1. Isn't there some law against driving and eating with chopsticks? You've got skills, girl.

    I'm pretty sure the whole world thinks you are adorable not just Mitchell.

    Glad you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your splurge was worth it. That photo scared the crap out if me. Remind me not to get on the road when you are driving you lunatic! That's right. I used an exclamation point. p.s. i need your email to invite you to my blog. send it to misbarlow@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Happy Birthday!!!! Second, your picture of you and the chopsticks belong on some distracted driving poster on what not to do. I thought putting on eye makeup while driving was the scariest thing I have seen on the road but you have beat it. Driving one handed while putting a pokie object purposely close to your face area. What happens if you stop reeeeally fast? What happens if you roll the car? Using a fork would be bad enough but chopsticks makes the whole seen look much scarier. We should send that picture to the officer friendlys in the state so they can take it around to the elementery school and say "don't do drug aaaaaaaand when you drive don't do this". I'm glad to know you are safe. Did I wish you a Happy Birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahahahahaha! Calm yourselves. I am not a crazy driver. I only eat with chopsticks at red lights.
    However, Tiffany, if they were to use my picture in elementary schools, I wouldn't mind. I always knew I was a model.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...