Friday, October 21, 2011

Blog

Why do I clog? Ok, that was hilarious. I def meant to say: Why do I blog? but naturally I ended up asking the cosmos why I clog. It's a valid question. I have no answer, if you have an answer for me, then please, enlighten me. End of typo-induced tangent.

Why do I blog? (this is the real question) I think I really enjoy hearing myself talk, but sometimes I don't want people to think I'm as crazy as I actually am, so instead of talking, I type. However, I hate the word blog. It's ugly and sounds like someone is choking. They should probs name it something else. I'll think of something and let you know.
Another reason I blog: I think I'm hilarious. I have decided to be generous and share my hilarity with the general population. I don't thank me, I know I'm fabulous.
I used to have people I knew all over the world. Kaylee was in London, Grandparents were in Uganda, Gimps was in Cambodia, and Lyse was everywhere. I blogged to keep them updated. And stuff. But alas, they have all returned to me and the great state of Utah, yet I continue to blog. So I guess I blog more for myself than for them.
Yes, I think this world is wonderful. Life is hard, people cry, hearts get broken, and people are mean. But in all reality, this world provides some spectacular experiences, the best of friendships, and joy beyond belief. I blog in order to remind myself of the joy in life. Yes. Life is good. And I don't want to forget it.
So I blog. Not having one specific reason, just hoping that I can preserve a portion of my life in text.

5 comments :

  1. I for one love your blog and I am always happy to read what is hilarious to Jen today. You are rather funny, crazy and a bit off the wall but then we like you that way. Got to love the Jenster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your blog. i too blog for myself. I think it's to remind others to keep blogging as well so I have something to read each week. Keep posting. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is a great way to journal. I blog for myself too! :) I love looking back at a year ago to remind myself of where I was then and how far I have come now. It's also great to remind myself of all those little things about my life and my family's life that I don't want to forget. It really helps remind me life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you aren't blogging for me? I'm offended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, you are hilarious.

    I thought the reason they are called blogs is because it comes from web log (as in world wide web log) and somehow it turned into weBLOG then blog. But I have no evidence to back up my theory.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...