Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sociologist.

I am a sociologist. Not sure when, but this just recently happened. True, sociology has been my major for over a year now and I should have felt like a sociologist long ago, but alas, that didn't happened. I would sit in my sociology classes and think to myself: "Wow, this is super interesting. But oh my, these people are a bunch of crazies. They are full of theories about people and opinions about how the world works, and I just am not."
But the time has come, my friends. I am a sociologist now.
I realized while in my Human Development class (not a sociology class) when I began thinking about development in terms of how the children are being socialized and how their SES (socioeconomic status) is effecting their socialization. I even started thinking about dating relationships in terms of social exchange theory, which is an outrage.
Nerd. That is what I said to myself.
And you know what, I am okay with that. I like being a sociologist. It gives me a unique perspective of people and life in general.
I'm a fan.

No comments :

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...