Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time marches on.

Today is the end of January.
Went be fast, didn't it?

Last week I was complaining to myself that the last 3 weeks have felt SO ridiculously long, but now that it has come to and end of the month, I can not believe how quickly that just passed me by. What even happened in January? It was just a complete blur. Really though.
I trekked through the first few weeks of classes, which are always decently easy, but also a really hard adjustment. Trying to get used to how new professors work and get into the groove of class schedules is tough, but it has been done.
I remembered that I have wonderful friends.
I made some good friendships much stronger.
I survived the first month of my best friend being gone. It had it's terrible moments.
I got a WONDERFUL new roommate. I was more worried to get new roommate than have been for anything in a long time, but I have been so blessed!
I went to some high quality sporting events.

Yes, January was solid. I'm a big fan.

Time is such a funny thing. It seems to change it's pace all of the time. I don't know how to handle this madness. In the moment, it takes way too long for time to pass. But looking back, it goes faster than I ever thought possible. Thinking about the past makes me think about what I've done with my life. I need to take advantage of every moment and never waste any of it. Life is precious. Sometimes I forget and I need to step back and remind myself.

And now February is now upon us. This should be good. I have high hopes for the next month or two.

1 comment :

  1. We used to say in particular about the mission, "The days are long but the weeks go by fast". I guess that's really how life works sometimes.

    So there's this new sister, pretty young, who just moved into my ward with her husband. She had a baby the week before I had Treslee. Anyway, she says she knew you from high school. Remind me and I will tell you later. Not sure she wants me to advertise her name here! :) Besides, now that I think about it, I don't know her maiden name...

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...