Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy 100 & The Return.

Happy 100th blog post! 
This calls for some sort of celebration. I'll let you know how it goes.

How fitting that what I was planning to post today was about how absolutely ecstatic I am about this girl returning to Utah this week:


Why is it fitting, you may ask? Well, because Alyse is a complete party at all times. So why not celebrate 100 posts by talking about her?

Guys, she has been in the DC area for the last 8 months. That is such a long time! I have missed her so much. I have seen her once in all of those months and it was not nearly enough. She was there for the Washington Seminar, which is an internship program through BYU, and I'm so happy that she was able to go! Life changing, if you ask me.
It was really difficult for me at first when she left because I wanted to be going with her. You see, we started talking about the Washington Seminar together last fall and we both applied to the program and we were so excited. We talked for hours about how much fun it would be if we were in DC together and how we would party all the time and go clubbing together. It was one of the best ideas we've ever had.
So when she got accepted, and I did not, well that was a rough patch in my life. But after a bit of frustration, I came to the realization that I was right where I needed to be and she was heading to where she needed to be at that point in our lives. I've learned things about myself and grown in ways that I personally could not have if I was anywhere else but in Provo, and I'm pretty sure she has had a similar experience about DC. I'm so happy she got to have that experience! And now I'm SO happy that she is finally coming back!
I love that girl with all of my heart and I just have never met anyone that makes me laugh as much as her or who can make any situation the most fun thing that has ever been done.

Here's the one time we dressed up as lumberjacks (though we do also look like Hurley and Sawyer from Lost):

And here's the one time we wore mustaches at a dance party and then I told Brandon Davies that we were aware that he has a prostate:

And here's the time we were tribal (apparently we dress up a lot together. I'm a fan):


So here's to Alyse and her return! And to growing experiences that take us across the country from each other! And for 100 blog posts!

1 comment :

  1. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOU!!!! This is thee sweetest thing EVER. I need to make a blog post just for you now!!!!! We have SUCH a blast together. I am so grateful for you in my life!!!! CanNOT wait to make some crazy memories together this fall.... and then canNOT wait to move to a big city together ;) love you, Jennie Lever!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...