Thursday, June 23, 2011

I choose pirates.

It is the eternal battle. Everyone must take sides at some point. It is one of those things that is simply inevitable. This is the never ending debate/war/competition between ninjas and pirates.
Maybe it's just my friends and family, but I have been asked to take a stand in this debate many times. I have never been able to come to a conclusion. Until now.

I choose pirates.

I thought it would be a difficult decision, but when it came right down to it, I looked at the facts and it was quite easy. Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for ninjas, and would undoubtedly become one if I had the ability and/or opportunity. Also, not be stereotypical, but ninjas are typically Asian, and sometimes I think that I have more Asian friends than the typical white Utahn. So, moral of that story is that I love ninjas.

However, pirates are the winning party in this situation. I have defeated my fair share of ninjas in my time, but I can't say that I have ever defeated a pirate. Probably because I couldn't. And that right there is a substantial argument. But wait, there's more! Think about it: pirates are rad! They just chill out on ships for incredibly long periods of time and then instill fear in peoples hearts when they decide to come ashore. Also, the orchestra played a Pirates medly at the Bingham High School graduation this year, which I interpreted as encouragement for those grads to go out and pillage and plunder. A most excellent message, if I do say so myself. Also, I suppose it's meant to be an insult, but I find it hilarious when pirates say "wench." So all in all, pirates are just the best. Unbeatable, really. Plus, it's way more fun to say that you're stealing booty than to say that you're kicking booty.

No, my opinion on the matter will not bring the everlasting debate to a close, but as always, I had to put my two-sense in. Ninjas vs. Pirates. Always a good conversation starter.

3 comments :

  1. I think we can all agree that a pinja would be the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I sure love your family. Just so you know, if you have netflix there is a show called The Deadliest Warrior. In it they pit different historical warriors against each other to see who would win. They have both ninjas and pirates on it. It is a pretty cool show. It is probably a little bloody for your littlest brothers because they use fake bodies with blood and everything to test the weapons on but the rest of you may enjoy the ninja and pirate episodes

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...