Monday, June 13, 2011

Lever's are Funny

If you know me, then you most likely know my family. And if you don't know my family, well then you're missing out, but I can assure you that you pretty much already know them because they are exactly like me. We just plain crack each other up all the time. Probably the most accurate description of them would be this:
My family is the funniest group of human beings I have ever met.
Really though.
I just spent the last 3 days on a stay at home vacation with them. This was most likely the best thing that has happened in a while. I wish that people could just follow us around and see the ridiculous things we do and say. I am always entertained by my family.
We saw some Asians, a lost goat, and a huge tire at Kennecot Copper Mine. We fit 6 humans in a tire at the Copperton Park. We made a spontaneous stop at an arcade, stuffed our faces with pizza, and I played more than my fair share of skee ball. We hiked Ensign Peak and got THEE most beautiful view of the valley. We sang/made up songs while being accompanied by the subtle sounds of a uke. We alpine slid down a mountain. Twice. We laughed a ridiculous amount. We took a brief reprieve from each other about halfway through the vacation. Half of us nearly died while hiking up to Timp Cave (ok.. mostly Dad, Adam, and Kade practically ran while I nearly died. Still fun though.) We became airborne via an outrageous number of trampolines. We cheered for the Bees of the baseball variety; we don't appreciate bees of the insect variety. We celebrated Christmas in June, except the celebration was only in the form of cheesy Christmas music and a skinny Santa in red shorts throwing candy at us. We were attacked by gnats while viewing a spectacular fireworks show (really, it was incredibly splendid). And most of all we enjoyed the fact that we are the most entertaining family. All in all, I say it was a successful weekend. Well done parents.
I adore my family.

And now for the photographic proof:

This tire was not as big as it appears. It was a squeeze.

Sometimes we pose on tires.

We are unique.

I win at skee ball.

The reward of the hike.

5 comments :

  1. oh my goodness this is adorable! i love this. and i was thinking that we should have stay at home roomie vacation sometime. that'd be cool. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't appreciate bees of the insect variety... that's because you haven't seen our CUTE honey bee's! Ask Richard, he will be happy to show them to you:)
    PS: LOVED the pics, Stay-cations can be fun, especially with the Levers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie- how much do we have in common that we didn't know about? I think hanging out with my family is also the greatest thing and that we must be the funniest people in the world. Plus, we (my fam) were at the bees game that night too. Sorry we missed you. So much in common- who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are fun to be around! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...