Thursday, June 9, 2011

My life is a musical.

Once upon a time I watched High School Musical(this was not one of my finer moments), and as terribly cheesy and ridiculous that piece of cinematic entertainment was, it made me come to a conclusion. I would just straight up LOVE to have my life be a musical. If people burst into song and dance everywhere I went and whenever something important happened, I would absolutely adore this. I would also probably feel more comfortable, because I'm pretty sure that I tend to do this in normal situations. Sometimes I just can't help but sing. And if the song is good, then it absolutely must be accompanied by dancing. So, since I already bust out in musical exhibitions at mildly inappropriate times, then I figure everyone else around me might as well join in.
Seriously though, wouldn't it be so cool if you were just walking around the grocery store and people started singing ballads about what they were buying and beboppin' around with their shopping carts? Or if you went to a soccer game and the people in the stands started singing about how much they love the sport? Or if I was walking around campus and backpack-clad students just started spontaneous dancing in Brigham Square.... ok, let's get real, I go to BYU, so that already happens on a weekly basis, maybe even daily. :) Anyway, yes, this would be so incredibly cheesy and logistically impossible for there to be choreographed songs and dances everywhere I went, but it is still worth the dream. If my life was a musical, even the terribly sad or disheartening things that happen couldn't be that bad. And so, despite the ridiculousness of the idea, I will continue to sing and dance in pretty much every situation I am placed in. It just can't be stopped, trust me, I've tried.

Side note: If my life WERE a musical, this is what my roommates and I would look like:

6 comments :

  1. JENNIE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. I WILL JOIN YOU IN SONG AND DANCE AT ANY TIME!!!! I've been thinking next finals week we need to plan a choreographed library dance anyway. Or for the Testing Center. Yes? YES. Also... I NEEED to see you. I FEEL LIKE I TALK IN CAPS A LOT WHEN TYPING TO YOU. YOU BRING OUT THE BIGGEST AND BEST IN ME CLEARLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. HOLY. CRAP.
    THAT IS OFFICIALLY THE GREATEST PICTURE I'VE EVER SEEN.
    CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BLOW IT UP AND HANG IT IN OUR APARTMENT?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHa this is pretty darn good. I like it. Miss you Jennie. You should be watching SYTYCD with me right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did my comment not work??

    Haha i said. I love this. And i am so glad kendra is a boy. And i'm glad that you are a boy with curly hair...this means that you find yourself attractive. this is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno. It could get sad during the tough times.

    "I fell off my bike todaaay... the price was too much to paaaaaay... so I'll never ever ever ride a bike... again."

    *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!!!Someone else who wants their life to be a musical. I thought for sure I was the only crazy one. I have been saying this for years and years. I would also like to add that a montage of photo moments reliving parts of my life set to music while I think back would also be a plus!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...