Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Camp.

The young women of my ward are leaving for girls camp today.
I am filled with sadness that I am not accompanying them.
Girls camp is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.
I thrive in situations that include me making a complete fool of myself for long periods of time.
So obviously girls camp is the place for me.
Ridiculous camp songs. Crazy skits. Crafts. Beautiful hikes. Outrageous games of Ride That Pony and Big Booty. Fire-roasted food. Snipe hunting. Forcing girls to be excited to be there. Endless amounts of energy.
These are a few of my favorite things. (yes, that was a Sound of Music reference)
But really, I just love girls camp and have ever since my first experience when I was 12.
I have been too old to go for the last couple of years. And that is a tragedy.
If I could go to girls camp every year for the rest of my life, I would die a happy human being.

This is one of my favorite pictures from from any girls camp:

We really get into singing and dancing camp songs.

2 comments :

  1. I am totally with you on this one!!! I begged to be called as camp director (or assistant) the year after I became too old to go as a young woman. I still have yet to return to girls camp, SIGH! Perhaps when my girls become of age I can go with them. That would be fun (for me at least. Maybe not so much for them)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave on Tuesday. I hope me experience will be as great as yours! [:

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...